I love zucchini and squash, but I always find it hard to find time to sauté or fry them like I typically would with two kids running amuck at dinner time. I came across this recipe from The Toasty Kitchen. It uses ingredients I always have, it’s easy to throw onto a pan, and bakes quickly. It has a lot of flavor with little cleanup.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 small yellow squash
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Slice zucchini and yellow squash into 1/2″ disks. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add zucchini and yellow squash discs and toss to coat.
- Pour zucchini and squash onto the parchment lined baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Sprinkle tops of zucchini and squash with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until cooked through.