A friend of mine kept informing me of her Chuy’s Creamy jalapeno dip pickups during this quarantine and I would drool every time. I figured I’d pick some up this week because the craving was becoming unbearable. Then I remembered the jalapenos I received in my Misfits Market box this week. I know, I know… you’re sick of hearing about my Misfits Market boxes, but they just keep giving me new ideas, guys… I can’t help it!
Why couldn’t I make some creamy jalapeno dip myself… well, and some help from my helpful little chef? Surely it’s not that difficult, right? As always, Google pulled through. Things I Can’t Say had a recipe that sounded pretty darn close. It turned out awesome (although not EXACTLY like Chuy’s) and I will DEFINITELY be making this recipe again!
- 1 whole large jalapeno, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 16 oz light sour cream
- 1 oz package of ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 4-6 tablespoons milk
- Combine jalapeno, garlic, and cilantro in blender or food processor.
- Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add light sour cream, ranch dressing mix, and lime juice and pulse to combine.
- Add milk and pulse. You can add it slowly to get the consistency you want. The Chuy’s version is pretty thin, so I liked 6 tablespoons.
- Refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to combine, though it’s pretty amazing right from the start, too!