These chicken thighs are crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and have just enough flavor to be delicious, but not overpowering. They’re great for a busy weeknight because you season them, throw them in the oven, make a few simple sides to go with them and you have a simple, delicious dinner. I found this particular recipe from allrecipes-check out more on their website if you like this one!
- cooking spray
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs with skin
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp onion salt
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground thyme
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Arrange chicken thighs on prepared baking sheet.
- Combine garlic salt, onion salt, oregano, thyme, paprika, and pepper together in a small container with a lid. Close the lid and shake container until spices are thoroughly mixed. Sprinkle spice mixture liberally over chicken thighs.
- Bake chicken in the preheated oven until skin is crispy, thighs are no longer pink at the bone, and the juices run clear, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F.
This has to be one of the easiest things to make on a busy weeknight. There is hardly any prep time whatsoever and they taste great. The good thing is, these are on sale frequently and you can purchase a large family pack that usually has anywhere from 8 – 10 thighs in a package. You know what that means… LEFTOVERS FOR LUNCH ALL WEEK! Maybe I’m the only one excited about that, but to me, that means no figuring out lunches for a few days. I usually make a simple side like whole grain brown rice or my personal favorite… shells and cheese. Make a simple vegetable and you’re good to go.
Most people don’t care for any bone-in meat or meat with skin, but the skin gives it so much more flavor. Try it and see what you think!