I’ve never made a cheeseball, so I figured it was about time I attempted one. It seems to be a right of passage into momhood… or something like that. So, here I am. Cheeseballin’ it up! This recipe has it all-bacon, ranch, and of course… cheese! I found this recipe at Carlsbad Cravings. Check out the original recipe here! It’s easy, cheesy, and a crowd-pleaser.
- 2 8 oz. bricks cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 (1 oz.) pkg Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup finely grated Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons finely grated sharp cheddar cheesedivided
- 6 slices bacon,cooked and diced divided
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions divided
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- crackers, celery, carrots, etc.
Add cream cheese, sour cream, ranch seasoning, garlic powder, pepper jack cheese, 1 CUP cheddar cheese, half of the bacon and 2 tablespoons green onions to a large bowl and mix until well combined.
Drop mixture onto a large piece of plastic wrap, cover tightly, and shape into a ball. Chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to firm up (up to 24 hours if serving the next day) before rolling in coating.
Meanwhile, add remaining 2 tablespoon cheddar cheese, bacon and green onions to a medium bowl. Refrigerate.
When ready to coat cheeseball, whisk in pecans until evenly combined.
Spread Coating in an even layer on cutting board/parchment lined counter. Remove cheese ball from refrigerator and roll in Coating mixture, pressing to adhere, until evenly coated. At this point you can refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve with crackers, celery, carrots, etc.
There you go! Easy AND delicious!