I never buy cookie dough… not because I’m Betty Crocker and I have to make everything from scratch, but because I just never think about buying any. I guess I figure if it’s not there, I won’t bake cookies, so I won’t eat them. Well, this pandemic has taught me to be resourceful and unfortunately I found a recipe that I had all of the ingredients for and of course it was delicious. Except for the time I accidentally only put half of the butter the recipe called for… oops. Yes, I accidentally created cookie biscuits. Don’t try it.
This recipe comes straight from Allrecipes.com, but I don’t add nuts-just chocolate chips!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.