I received a butternut squash in my Misfits Market delivery and had no idea what to do with it. My mom used to make butternut squash frequently, but I had never attempted it. Sooooo… I used the Google (it never disappoints). I came across this recipe from Well Plated and it was a winner! The ingredients were simple and besides all of the chopping, you throw it in the oven and you’re good!
- 1 large butternut squash — about 3 pounds, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt — no not sure table salt, or the recipe will be too salty (or reduce the amount and add a bit at the end as needed)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (optional)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Place the squash cubes in a large bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and maple syrup, then sprinkle the salt, cinnamon, and pepper over the top. Toss to coat, then add the cubes to the baking sheet. Spread the cubes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet, taking care that they do not overlap.
Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, then turn the cubes with a spatula, then return to the oven. Continue baking until the squash is tender, about 10 to 15 additional minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the rosemary over the top if desired. Serve warm.