I’m mainly a green bean casserole person. That’s pretty much the extent of my casserole tolerance, so I rarely venture out. Well, I have ventured out. Ok, not very far, but it’s still a tiny venture, so give me some credit! This broccoli casserole has all the good stuff-french fried onions, cheese, and oh yeah… I guess there is some broccoli. This recipe comes from Taste of Home. Check out the original recipe here!
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (6 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large saucepan, combine soup, sour cream, 1 cup cheese and 1-1/4 cups onions; heat through over medium heat, stirring until blended, 4-5 minutes. Stir in broccoli. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, until bubbly, 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and onions. Bake until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes.
Vegetables are much better when smothered in cheese, sour cream, and french fried onions. Don’t you agree?