When I don’t know what to make for dinner this is my favorite go-to. They’re fairly low fat, filling, and everyone seems to love them! An added bonus to this one is that I can stick them in the oven and leave them there until they’re finished-no splattering on the stove with tiny people running around the kitchen while I worry about them burning on the stove while I wipe a nose or get a snack for the millionth time.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey or beef
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs (+ extra for rolling meatballs in bread crumbs)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean-up.
- Mix all ingredients in mixing bowl. Roll mixture into ball (approximately 1 inch in diameter to ensure they bake thoroughly), roll in extra breadcrumbs, and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 35 minutes or until meatballs reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve with pasta or desired side.
I take a few shortcuts with this recipe that make my life so much easier. I use jarred minced garlic instead of fresh. If you have time to peel and mince garlic when you come home from work with a child and an infant, you’re my hero, please teach me your ways. I also substitute frozen chopped onion for fresh chopped onion because… onions make me cry. I also usually use whatever lean meat I have on hand. I normally have turkey, but when I don’t I use very lean ground beef and they are just as delicious!
Hope you enjoy this simple one!